Sunday 13 May 2012

Sister Act

I first saw Sister Act: The Musical at the London Palladium in July 2010. Having been a fan of Whoopi Goldberg and the film, I was ecstatic to see it. Unfortunately, the show does not contain any of the songs in the film such as 'I Will Follow Him' but the score is fantastic and many of the musical numbers are humorous and feel good. From the joyful 'Raise Your Voice' to the delightfully hilarious 'Lady in the Long Black Dress' to the toe tapping, hand-clapping 'Spread the Love Around' the songs will certainly have you up dancing off your seats!

I went to see it again on Friday at His Majesty's Theatre, Aberdeen with my mum, my friends Tony and Roslyn and Roslyn's nephew Samuel. It was totally unexpected, as Roslyn's mum and dad dropped out at the last minute, so instead my mum and I got their tickets. It was a fantastic night out and I would recommend it to anyone. It's a feel good musical, so if you're feeling down, Sister Act: The Musical is definitely a show to lift your spirits! Can I hear an amen!

I have covered a song from the show called 'The Life I Never Led' which is sung by the character Sister Mary Robert. The video is below:


P.S. Sister Act: The Musical runs at His Majesty's Theatre, Aberdeen until the 19th of May, so if you live in the area and want to see the show, then get your tickets fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment