Friday 13 April 2012

Little Squeak

Hamsters have always been a favourite animal of mine. 

Although they only live for a couple of years, their gentle natures and adorable faces get me every time.

Often people have horror stories about hamsters, i.e. biting and escaping from their cages.
But my family and I were fortunate enough to have two adorable hamsters with such lovely natures, albeit very different personalities. 

Truffles was our first hamster and he died in August 2009 after two and a half years. 
He enjoyed being energetic and was always desperate to get out of his cage. Of course, the whole family were devastated when he died and it's sad we weren't there to be with him.

Our next hamster, Squeak arrived in December 2009. Our short lived sorrow was then replaced by happiness, as we now had a new hamster to love and take care of. Squeak was a very shy, quiet hamster - however he had a brilliant nature and we often had a laugh which some of the antics he got up to, such a trying to kamikazi off of the sofa or standing stock still camouflaging himself (something they do in the wild).

Unfortunately this week little Squeak passed away. I received the news from my sister on Wednesday night. I'm sad I wasn't there to see her, but in a way I'm very glad as at least I know her passing was peaceful and I still have the memories. 

Goodnight Squeak and sleep tight. 

29/12/09 - 11/04/12

No comments:

Post a Comment